Your donation can make a difference in a women’s life!
We are always seeking clothing donations – including bags, shoes, jewellery and other accessories that would be appropriate to wear in an office setting.
To assure that our clients look professional, we ask that the items you donate are:
~ Clean – no stains
~ Excellent condition
~ Current style or classic pieces We also have a tremendous need for plus sized clothing and shoes.
Please remember to pop in a note with your Name and Email Address so that we can thank you for your donations.
Clothing donations can be dropped off at our Greater London showroom (Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10am-4pm) or sent to us by post/courier – just give us a call on 02037737279 to let us know in advance if you are planning on bringing in a donation or sending a courier. Our address is 47 Hobsons Place, Woodseer St, London, E1 5HH.
If you would like to support us click the “donate” button above to instantly make a single donation or email us for a donation form. Please call 02037737279 for further information.
How your donations will help:
- o A £10 donation a month, in a year will provide one woman with a complete outfit giving her the confidence to succeed at her job interview.
- o A £20 donation will buy bus passes and resume materials for our clients.
- o A £50 donation will buy a much-needed pair of shoes, blazer, or handbag to help 3 woman look and feel confident for her job intervie
- o A £70 donation will pay for essential interview training for 3 clients
- o A £150 donation will pay for a complete interview attire, interview training and ongoing career support for 5 clients
- o A £300 donation will pay for one month of electric, gas, phone, and internet expenses
- o A £500 donation will pay for 20 clients to attend our professional development programmes
- o A £1,000 donation will pay for 30 clients to receive full services of our program
- o A £4,000 donation will pay for one month’s rent for all office and boutique spaces.
If you would like to help, you can contribute in a number of different ways: Payroll Giving – Give as you Earn (GAYE):
Regularly donating a fixed sum of money from your salary is a simple way to give. It’s also the most tax effective, because donations are deducted before you pay tax.
For example, if you donate £10, only £8 comes out of your salary and the tax office pays the £2. Or if you are on a higher tax rate (50%), only £5 comes out of your salary and the tax office pays the other £5. For higher rate tax payers it is the only way to pass on your 40% or 50% tax to charities. Only 25% can be recouped via other ways of giving. Please contact your payroll office and ask if your company runs a Give As You Earn (GAYE) scheme and tell them that you would like to donate to Dress for Success Greater London.
Single Donation: A single donation will enable us to help more women immediately. You can make an online donation now via our donation button, see top of page.
Donations by cheque made payable to Dress for Success Greater London may be posted to the address above.
Request a donation form for Corporate Partners: We would be so grateful for your corporate financial donation. Donations by cheque made payable to Dress for Greater London and posted to the above address.
Dress for Success Greater London Rights for Donors Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organisations and causes they are asked to support, Dress for Success Greater London declares that all donors have these rights:
- 1. To be informed of the organisation’s mission, of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- 2. To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s governing board and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- 3. To have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
- 4. To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- 5. To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- 6. To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- 7. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organisations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- 8. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired fundraisers.
- 9. To be assured that personal contact information obtained by Dress for Success Greater London will not be sold, rented or exchanged with other non-profit organisations.
- 10.To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Donors’ personal contact information will never be sold, rented or exchanged with other organisations or any other entity in existence unless Dress for Success Greater London receives express written permission from the donor.
Matched giving is when employers match some or all of your sponsorship for a charity. This is often part of a Corporate Social Responsibility strategy. It’s a great way to increase your fundraising for Dress For Success Greater London and to help you reach your target. Companies which take part are eligible to receive tax relief on these donations.
How to get started
Check your company has a matched giving scheme and ask what you need to do to make a claim (ask your line manager, HR or Corporate Social Responsibility team) Email email@example.com for a Dress For Success Greater London matched giving form, complete and return.
Once we have received the payment, we will email you a receipt and add it to your fundraising total.
Your fundraising will help us to continue our vital work to support people with dementia and those who care for them.
If you would like more information or have any questions about matched giving, then please call us on 02037737279 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.